BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

02 June 2013

a soiree and a morning at the white house

The African Soiree is the big closing event for the annual D.C. Francophonie Festival that The Smithsonian Associates is a contributor to. I got there early to help with set-up and got a taste of what it would be like to be a fabulous Parisian as I helped the interns from the French Embassy. Those kids have class. I also bumped into some of the tall African models. More class. The Soiree was a big party in the NMAA that had a cartoonist, food, henna, a performance by Kaissa, a fashion show of an African designer, and then dancing to music from DJ Pinstripes. Rhiannon was able to join me and we weaved our way through the crowds, got henna, and watched the fashion show. So fun!
Kaissa

interns wearing our African bead necklaces, ready to head home after a long event.

The next morning, my super cool WH intern friend hooked us up with White House Garden Tour tickets. I got SO CLOSE to the WH. #chillinwiththeObamas

Treasury

I think I asked a professional press person to take this picture for us

wut up WH?

great view from the WH lawn


West Wing/Oval Office




Michelle's garden

"...the failure of one thing repaired by the success of another, and instead of one harvest a continued one through the year." -Thomas Jefferson

cute shot snagged from Vanessa ~ Vanessa, me, Taryn, Austin

D.C. has delivered on awesome weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment